Annually, four Barham Scholarships worth $2,500 each are awarded to students who are declared majors in economics or business. The main award criteria are academic performance and demonstration of interest in the subject matter. Details of the Barham Scholarships application process are as follows:
1. To be eligible to apply or to be nominated, students must have at least a 3.5 GPA in their BBA and economics course work, and at least a 3.4 GPA overall. The awards are open to juniors and sophomores.
2. Faculty may nominate outstanding students. Students may nominate themselves.
3. Students must submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the department of economics. The letter should be emailed to email@example.com.
4. The scholarship committee consists of three faculty members from the department of economics.
Decisions will be based on reviews of transcripts (GPA and courses taken), and letters of recommendation. Consideration will also be given to service to the department and the college, as well as, extracurricular activities. The decision of the committee is final.
5. Four $2500 scholarships are given each year; scholarships are not renewable.
Resumes should be submitted on paper to the Economics Department no later than 5pm on May 5, 2014. Please attach your college transcript(s).
Letters of recommendation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact Professor David Gabel.
The Dean's Young Professionals Program at Queens College, is designed to better prepare our top students for internships and jobs. The program is open to students who have a minimum GPA of 3.5. The program, is designed to help place business students and students with majors in demand by businesses into internships and career jobs. We have formed a network of alumni and friends of the college who will be actively trying to place Queens College's best students.
If you are interested in pursuing the program, please complete the following steps:
i) Contact Cindy Zapata via email (email@example.com) with your full name, address, email, phone and CUNYfirst student identification number.
ii) Secure a recommendation by a full time faculty member. This recommendation is as simple as asking your professor to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that has your name in the subject line together with "recommendation for YP."
iii) Complete the three career services workshops and have your resume edited and approved by that office as well. Career services will organize special workshop sessions for YP candidates.
If you are interested in applying to this program, please secure a recommendation from your professor as soon as possible. Please note that completing these three steps as outlined above constitutes a formal application on your part to become a Dean's Young Professional.
Visit the new Office of Career Development & Internships Website!